Sunday, March 18, 2018

Education System

Inspired By - Salt Mango Tree, Malayalam Movie.

After becoming a parent to a child, there are unlimited list of things to do, Planning for the Future, Health Care, Child Education, his/her marriage etc., Lets set aside the remaining things, there was a race for the school education now. I saw a post in FB, where the fees for an LKG student was 2 Lakhs per year, where my graduation fees was 22,500 per year.

Standing in a long queue, parents interview, mandatory English, I am not sure what more else they need from the parents. Is it only the education, the children needs??

After all, it is capability of the child who takes the knowledge into their minds. I don't remember the lessons what they taught me in the school education, literally they are burden of my age. Whatever I learnt that it is only after my schooling/college.

Even in office, there are wide varieties of schooling background, some people schooled at Govt, Some are from private, but who learned from the Govt schools are more skillful than Private schools.

Apart, education becomes 24X7 service, no holidays, missing family functions are the damn core problems.

And finally here is the expected calculation of total expenditure on child - 67 lakhs as per TOI.

0-4 years: Rs 6.2 lakh
5-8 years: Rs 6.9 lakh
9-12 years: Rs 8.4 lakh
13-16 years: Rs 10.5 lakh
17-21 years: Rs 35.4 lakh

I completely agree that our next generation will have the master minds to achieve anything, but at what cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment